1. Okay, I never have done the Ten on Tuesday, but thought maybe I should since I haven't posted in so long??
2. I don't post much cause, A. I'm not on the computer much anymore (I LOVE it) my family are much happier when my focus is more on them and the house. B. our Internet connection is good, but we have a limit, and since we had a $288 bill, I'm scared to go over the limit again!
3. Trista is taking a nap and the kids are watching a movie, I should be cleaning, but just HAD to come and check my mail! One thing leads to another and hear I am writing this!
4. We're still praying a ton about school for Kira this coming year. Such a hard decision for us. I'm so afraid of failing my kids, not having a great schedule and sticking with it, them not being around other kids enough. Then again if I send them to a Christian school it's SO MUCH MONEY! And I'm already burnt out on driving to town EVERYDAY!
5. Chad and I are the type of parents that we will do anything for our kids. We would sacrifice SO much if we feel we are to send them to an expensive school or whatever else we think they need.
6. I love my husband.
7. I'm spilling my heart out to I don't know who or how many, but through the past few years with money struggles, babies to take care of, him being so sick and fragile for so long, I know I drifted far away from him. It breaks my heart to think about the past few years, I felt so alone, and I thought it was cause none of my friends and family understood the heartaches, but now that Chad and I are close again, I realize that was a Hugh part of my loneliness.
8. I had a daydream this morning while I was getting ready to take Kira to school. Chad has been feeling so good lately, I forget sometimes he has ms. Well I was thinking of his up coming MRI and thinking, What if... they get the results and the Dr can't believe his eyes, no sign of MS! Then asks what Chad has been doing. Then we say, praying for healing. Then the Dr. along with all the great people that have been helping Chad at the clinic realise we believe in a real God! And that was the whole reason for Chad getting ill!! What a blessing it all would be!
9. I told Chad about my daydream and he said, no Dr. Cook is too scientific for that.... then he heard himself and said, well, God can prepare anyone hearts and it's wrong of me to think it's impossible............................. he is a Obama supporter though!
10. Hehe! I'm still laughing at that last part! How can you really follow God and support Obama? It really doesn't seem possible to me!
11. I'm still hopeful for a healthy husband! I want nothing more then my daydream too come true.
12. I see God working everywhere in peoples hearts and lives! It's AMAZING!! I hope It never stops and that many more people we love and know turn to God!
expecting baby: week thirteen
10 years ago




6 comments:
I think the hardest thing about being a stay at home mom is the lonliness. I can't imagine it in your situation. I'm so glad things are getting better for you now. And I'm praying that it continues to do so...
So many big decisions...
Very glad to hear things are looking up for you guys both physically, emotionally, spiritually etc.
Kira will have an education (of sorts) for the rest of her life; and a 'formal' education for the next 12 years. Just because you make one decision this year, doesnt mean it has to be your final decision for all the years to come :). We still go back and forth every year on whether keeping Jayde in public school is the right decision for _our_ family.
I would hesitate to lump all Obama supporters as anti-God etc. I did a6000 word essay analysing Obamas speeches; he has just as many 'god terms' and religious references as any of the modern presidents who have claimed to be devout Christians. One thing I have found in America is that people associate politics with religion automatically; ie, if you are a Christian, you must vote Republican and anything Democratic is evil. I find this confusing; particularly when candidates such as John McCain- who repeatedly cheated on his first wife are embraced as more 'Christian', that Barrack Obama who (although I obviously disagree with doctrine and many policies) champions Christ in public.
For example, Obama said-
"As a starting point, it means I believe in that Jesus died for my sins and that I am redeemed through him. That is a source of strength and sustenance on a daily basis. I know that I don't walk alone, and I know that if I can get myself out of the way, that I can maybe carry out in some small way what He intends. And it means that those sins that I have on a fairly regular basis hopefully will be washed away. But what it also means, I think, is a sense of obligation to embrace not just words but through deeds the expectations that God has for us. And that means thinking about the least of these. It means acting - well, acting justly and loving mercy and walking humbly with our God."
Im not implying that I can judge any mans heart at any time; but I dont think its fair to judge hearts based on whether someone supports a man who publicly makes statements such as the above. There are many more examples of biblical references and "god-terms" in Obamas speeches; enough to fool many 'fair weather' Christians, who attend church regularly but who may not actually be saved. Your question was 'how can you follow God and support Obama'? I think that you could replace his name with most politicians and struggle to get an answer. I think thats why God made us answerable to Him, why He is our Lord and risen king and why he was reluctant to give Israel a king in the first place.
:) Im not having a go at you by the way, its just something that has always comfused and frustrated me. I very much dont understand defining faith by political party or by other people; it should be defined by Gods standards in our own hearts.
We continue to pray for Chad. Did you guys ever hear any more on going for those trials?
My question was 'how can you follow God and support Obama'? And I still think that. I'm not even thinking of most of the things he's trying to do to our country when I ask that question. I'm not saying you're not saved if you support Obama.
What I am seeing though is the things he is so strongly for such as abortion. How can you REALLY be following God closely and support that?? Killing around 900,000 babies a year, and wanting to MAKE doctors do it weather they want to or not?? That is the main thing I'm thinking of, but there are so many more ungodly things he's trying to do.He was openly for these ungodly things from the start, and people openly support these matters... HOW??!
On the flip side, I wanted McCain too win... not so much cause of him, but cause of Sarah Palin! She is an awesome born again Christian and she lives like it! She wanted to lead our country like it. She is still doing as much as she can to get the right message out there. If there weren't people like her still, I don't even want to know how worse off our country would be!
I'm not judging Obama's faith perhaps, but I'm not seeing any signs of being a born again Christian. =( I wish and hope he is, but it's looking not so good. Look up on youtube in Obamas own words, it's sad, but what's most sad is this stuff was open to all people before they voted! I think a ton of people luckly are having second thoughts about supporting him, which is a better sign I hope it keeps up!
Go Palin 2012!!
Visit my blog and preferably "participate"
http://kalarconpictureperfect.blogspot.com
P.S. Love This!!
I hope I didnt upset you in any way Shelby! I think I will have to agree to disagree :) Although for the record I am not an Obama supporter.
Its sad to think that our sin is ripping this decaying world even further apart; with many people seeming bent on destroying all godly standards, some with no respect for human life. I vehemetly oppose abortion, some might say to extremes, but I wont take up room on your blog to explain in detail :).
Hope you guys are well!
Oh Karina!
You didn't upset me! It took me off guard because I wasn't meaning to start a discussion or anything, I just knew everyone that reads my blog would simply agree. ={
Chad and I were cracking up today at church, our pastor started out by saying he doesn't know how you can support people like this and follow God! I'm sorry Karina, but it's true! How can you support abortion, gay marriage, all the yucky stuff like that, that our leaders in office right now believe, but yet obey God and follow Him?? They just don't mix! Our world has brain washed us into thinking we have to accept everything and everyone, or we're the bad ones or judgemental ones, but no, we are simply standing up for what is right, if we don't who will??
Anyways, you're a very godly lady and I love hearing your imput on topics, I am more then suprised we differ on this topic!
love ya! (;
Post a Comment