Yes. I just haven't been on the computer much lately, I must say it felt nice. I'm a much better mommy and wife without spending all the hours online. It will soon be different cause I have a lot of photo sessions coming up, then I'll be in my little adobe world a lot. :)
So I guess I've been tagged to tell my most embarrassing moment. Well since I'm a lot different than Terah in this department I had to narrow it down. Though this probably isn't on the very top of the list, it's the top of the list that I can talk about without getting embarrassed all over again. :)
Well, my biggest down fall for as long as I can remember is my bedroom being messy. Mainly clothes. I hated putting my clothes away growing up, and then it turned into hating to put them away, with the combination of hating to wash, dry, and fold them! The first five years of our marriage we always had a lot of laundry stacked up waiting to go into the washer.
Well.... this is where the story fits right into place. One day I got out of the shower and got dressed, then went into the laundry room to actually do up some laundry and there was all this water in there! I was looking and noticed it was coming out of the hot water tank. I called Chad a told him and I had no clue what to do because it's in the basement and there is so many valves and pipes everywhere and they're old so when I'd try to get the valve to turn off it wouldn't turn. He told me he'd call Mike (Thompson) and ask him what I should do. So I was working on it waiting for his call, then he called me back and said, "huh, Mike wasn't at home, but Corky is on her way." Well, long story short, Mike and Corky lived in our place for twenty years and adored it and wanted the best for it, and now they live right down the road, RIGHT DOWN THE ROAD! My laundry,............. what is Corky going to think?? So I grabed it all and threw it all into my already messy bedroom and closed the door. I am scrambling at this point, cause I really do hate messes and I hate being caught in them even more! So she knocks and comes right in, goes down there and does everything that needs to be done. Whew, right?? WRONG!!! She decides to open our bedroom door and go see if it had leaked to the other side of the wall! I am still embarrassed to this day! It's been a couple of years, but we talk with them often, I've never brought it up, she's never brought it up, but I always wonder how often she thinks of that messy room! I mean, you open the door and there were clothes everywhere right there! It might not sound that bad to you guys, but I think it's the shame of it more than anything that got to me that day!
I must say, I've wised up. I keep up on my laundry for the past year now, and it's much easier to do when there isn't so much at once to do! Maybe my embarrassing moment was just enough to get me on track?? I still need to get better about putting the clean folded stuff away! I'm queen for folding it, putting it in my laundry basket, and then finally days later doing something with it again!
*BLUSH*
Okay, I was wrong! It's still embarrassing!
expecting baby: week thirteen
10 years ago




4 comments:
Hee hee.
It must be a family thing because I do the same thing. I try to keep up on washing it but then I fold it, stack it in a basket, and put it in my room. It's Jay's biggest gripe about my house-keeping.
I know what you mean about the computer too. I have been on it a lot the last few days and I need to stop. I think I'll reserve my "Line-Time" (you know instead of time-line(= ha ha) for nap. I got to much to do!
I agree....laundry is never fun...especially with the little ones...it seems like a never ending task...but don't feel too bad there's a lot worse embarassing things out there...plus EVERYONE has laundry and I am sure it has piled up on them once in a while!
Have you ever seen MY laundry room!???? yikes.....
LOL...I Corky has always had EVERYTHING together and I doubt she is ever a mess so I TOTALLY understand. :) Been there, done that WAY too often. I HATE laundry.
Post a Comment