Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bittersweet Day~









Yep. You guessed right, school started today.

Yep. My baby girl is in Kindergarten.

How's mommy??

Great!

Yep, this little girlie made it so easy on mommy, she was nothing but excited to start. She wasn't the least bit nervous, she gave me a hug and got right to work, didn't even care I was leaving just a few short minutes after arriving.

I didn't even think to cry!

Is that bad?? Is there something wrong with me??

I think her going there last year helped both of us so much today. We already know most the staff, already know we love the school, and feel very comfortable there. Kira's teacher seams like a perfect fit for Kira, she's quiet, but yet such a great communicator. She actually reminds me of Mandy Ringhands personality, perfect for Kira and I!

So, can you believe this girlie is in school now five days a week?? I surely can't.

It's nothing but bittersweet. It's hard to face the facts that she has grown this much in such a short time, our lives will be different than what we're used to from here on out. She keeps getting older, wiser, smarter, bigger, while becoming all the more beautiful inside and out!

I thank God all the time for picking Chad and I to raise this beautiful soul.

I'm honored.

I love you girlie.

12 comments:

neysa said...

Kira, the little watermelon gal, has grown up in many ways.
She will look like picture #1 when she is 'Sweet Sixteen."

gami

Heidi said...

*sniffle*

Fine! I'll cry for you!

In some ways I am very happy we have chosen the homeschool route. I know I couldn't bear being away from them all day five days a week. Other days....

Well, you know. ;)

Did I tell you that I think I am ordering Adam's school either this week or next? I plan on starting the first Monday in October. I wanted to wait until after our trip. He will only be considered in pre-school but will be learning a lot of Kindergarten material.

It is bittersweet isn't it?

Kira, you look adorable, as always. Love you!

Terah said...

*LOVE* that last portrait!
So pretty!

I can't imagine! Let's just say there's a reason I'm homeschooling...

I'm so glad someone got that coat! I've been drooling over it every time I see it and even tried to get Heidi to get it for Avril. Ha!

Karina said...

Awww, she looks so, so cute!

I'm glad she was excited to start- it does make it that much easier :)
Jayde loves school...so even though there are days when I actually lament the 920am-320pm "loss" of her company, it sure makes the afternoons, evenings & weekends that much more special :).

As a personal (and trivial)cultural reflection- Im glad school kids over here wear uniforms! :) My shopping budget would blow out massively if I was surrounded by such cute coats and could justify buying them for daily use! :)

Crystal said...

I know I say this too much, but they really grow up WAY too fast!

Love this series Shelby!

The Chad Beck's said...

Heidi-
I can't wait to see the books once you get them! I'm still not sure if I'll do that with Preston this year or not?? I'm wanting to do something, but not sure what yet.
Terah-
Why didn't you get the coat for your girls? You probably already had different ones huh? I got it for Kira birthday and couldn't wait to have her were it, although, I'm not too happy she had to wear it during pictures and covered her adorable shirt!
Karina-
I always have thought uniforms would be sooo much easier!
Yeah, I paid a lady extra money and everything to get Kira's first day of school dress to me on time, well the lady messed up and it won't be here till Thursday! One good thing out of the whole thing is she's sending me another one of my favorites cause she feels so bad!
I must say, I'm not as brave of a mommy as some might think, Kira is only at school for three hours a day! At any rate, I think there is pros and cons to both sending a kid to school or keeping them at home. I also think it's different for each kid. Sofar our journey at little lambs has blessed us more then I think myself homeschooling Kira would have, but I kinda always knew that about myself. =)

Shaggy said...

I agree with Gami, I think she is going to look just like that in 16 years. :)

Shaggy said...

I mean in 11 years when she is 16. :)

alicia:love* said...

Her backpack is so cute! That's good that she wasn't nervous. She is secure and confident and shows you are raising her well=)

alicia:love* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Staci said...

Super cute Shelby! Love these!

SLANCE said...

she is looking very grown up!