I asked God to take away my habit.
God said, No.
It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.
I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, No.
His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.
I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No.
Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned.
I asked God to give me happiness..
God said, No.
I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.
I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No.
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.
I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, No.
You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful.
I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No.
I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.
I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
God said... Ahhhh,
finally you have the idea.
Thanks Grandma & Grandpa, I really needed this!
It's so easy to get rapped up on "me" "my wants" "my happiness" "my desires" How I think "my" life should go. And really, we're not here to live for ourselves, but rather as servants serving the Lord. I hope this lil cute forward help some of you put your life in perspective as much as it did mine again. Chad gets sick or not working, I instantly get grumpy and almost depressed...why?? God has shown me time and time again He's in control and He will take care of us, and we need to be thankful for all things and our trials are blessings. I can't just pray to God that He will MAKE me happier, I need to remember the whole point of life and how wonderful it really is and be grateful for now.
Anyways, Chad has his MRI tomorrow morning, please pray for us tomorrow, it's an emotional rollercoaster on those days, exciting, but we like to hear good news. (;




4 comments:
Thank you for posting this... ...it is a good reminder.
You guys are always in our prayers... ...please fill us in on the MRI?
Hey. I don't normally leave comments, but I just wanted to say thanks for the great information. I have a blog too, though
I don't write as good as you do, but if you want to check it out here it is. Thanks again and have a great day!
How To Play Magic The Gathering
Easy for me to say that we r to find joy in trials, but I don't usually have trials. The hardest part of my day is getting out of bed!
Always encouraging to see others go through trials and find peace in God...maybe when my day comes, I will have this to look back to and have that same peace.
Post a Comment