
As I answered Chad's phone call this morning and heard the news on the other line, all I could think and say was, " Well just do your best to hurry and get to work!"
Last night at prayer time before bed Kira on her own prayed that daddy would work today. Chad got a call this morning saying another guy couldn't make it to work so they needed Chad! Yay! We all four were very happy with the news. I quickly made Chad's lunch as he quickly got ready. I was telling Kira, "The Lord answered your prayers, Kira, and daddy is going to work today!"
As I hung up the phone my heart sank. I was upset. How? Why? I just knew Chad most likely wouldn't be going to work. Because about five minutes prior to the phone call I received, he was driving in sagle in the double lanes and he said no sign at all, the rear tire blew and he lost control and about got in a head on with oncoming traffic. He was able to get control and get it on the side of the road.
Once I thought it through longer and harder it was simply a no brainer. We were again blessed in this bummer situation. Yes, he didn't go to work today as we prayed he could, but we also prayed that we would all be taken care of and that we would be protected. And that prayer was answered!
Chad was so grateful that he did indeed decide to take the Jeep to work, he next to never does, but he decided to today. Why? We don't really know, but we are thankful it wasn't me driving with the kids and with me being a woman and all... well who knows how the end result would have been?? And the kids being in the car with me... it could have been really bad.
So even if it was Satan with his poky horn that popped our tire, God was still bigger and protected us all from something much worse happening!
Yeah, 900 dollars later to get new tires, and yeah, another day of missed work.
And yeah, a family not broken apart, life cut to short for our family...
priceless!
Thank you LORD!




4 comments:
I like your perspective, it's encouraging. Praise God that Chad wasn't hurt!
Wow!
So glad that everything is okay!
Lyle and I were just talking the other day how completely insane it is that we're so comfortable shuttling through the air at such high speeds. It is soooo dangerous!
I don't even know what to say! The "pokey horns" made me giggle.
May God have mercy on my family I pray! All sides!!!
It's sometimes hard to praise Him in the stotms.... but thats when He shows us His love in abundance....if we have the wisdom to see:) I'm blessed by how wise you are! Praise! It changes everything!
Post a Comment