Saturday, August 30, 2008

County Fair~

This year my mom, sister, and I took the kids to the local county fair. I'm not very good at getting many pictures (especially when I'm holding one of them the whole time), but here's what I did get...

my mom & Preston looking at a lama...



Preston looking at the sad looking horse...


This one is my favorite one of the day...


Kira 's so cute, her favorite animals are still Cowies and piggies...!


Kira also LOVED the elephant ear Grandma bought us. We thought EVERYONE knows what an elephant ear is, but while we were eating them, tons of people would come up to us and ask us what we were eating. Is it a northwest thing???


Preston wouldn't eat the yummy stuff, instead he enjoyed back washing in grandma's water. (grami said she didn't want anymore and that the kids could finish it!)

... And that's all I got of that fun day. The crazy thing about that day is we let the kids play on the big bouncy toys, um mm, yeah, 4 dollars for 5 minutes!!! I thought, "Well maybe they'll let them stay on it for a little bit longer?" Then I noticed a guy standing there with a stop watch around his neck! There were a ton of upset kids around, one parent and I were talking about it and she called it a tease, cause that's all it was for these little ones, just a tease. :(

4 comments:

Terah said...

We did the fair this year, too!
Gwyneth loved the horses.
We couldn't tear Jude away from the goats or bunnies. He's our real animal lover.
And Camden said he does NOT like chickens! It was so funny. He was really afraid of them!
After 3 1/2 hours of trying to usher the 3 of them around those huge crowds with one on my hip, one holding my hand, the diaper bad over the other shoulder, (i had no room for the camera, as I'm sure you can imagine) and, yes, the elephant ear I was determined to eat while we enjoyed the rodeo. (which we missed because, by the time we got all the way up the steps, a ten minute struggle, they had someone at the top telling everyone it was too full. Why they couldn't have been standing at the bottom, I'll never know) And $50 later....I was definately ready to go home.
The kids loved it though.
And they were better troopers than Mama, by a longshot.
I'm sad I have no photos of teh fun we did have. These are great!

Crystal said...

Great shots! Nope elephant ears are everywhere! Infact they are all over the south bigtime!

And the last one is my fav too.

Staci said...

Great pictures Shelby! I wanted to go to the fair, but just didn't make it this year....LOVE the elephant ears too....remember going as a child and eating them and always wanting more! You were brave to take your camera...but bet you were glad you did! Creating such fun memories and if you are like me, I love that my kids will have some of the same memories that I had as a kid!

SLANCE said...

I entered a pig in the fair this year...I'm gonna win the blue ribbon! =)