Well... it was always my moms tradition to make Christmas cookies with us and my cousins. So far it looks as though I just may keep it going with mine.
It was last week and the kids and I were cooped up all week cause of the bad roads and I decided to make the cookies. Well, then I realized I had no powdered sugar, so I went online to see if there was a recipe that used just regular sugar, then I came across something that I never thought about. Some lady was saying if you don't have any powdered sugar then just put regular sugar in a blender or coffee grinder... WHAT! Have you ever heard of that?? Well, I did it... and it worked!
So...





... if you're wandering why we have all these yummy things on the cookies, well it's not my idea of the traditional Christmas cookie, but I didn't have any sprinkles or anything to decorate with so I had to get creative and dig through the cupboards. I have to say, coconut will probably always stick with me now cause it looks like snow and it's so yummy!



You can see pure joy on Kira's face, she loves makin stuff!



4 comments:
So cute, and Kira does look like she is lovin' it! I will have to remember coconut, great idea!
Gwyneth and Kira would love doing this together! Gwyneth was in Heaven! Maybe next year....
I ran out of powdered sugar too. Mom and Heidi had to bring it. Great tip! (only I was even out of regular!) And the coconut looks yummy. I've been cravin that stuff lately.
Coconut! Why have I never thought of that?
They look like they're havin' so much fun!
I did this with the boys, the cutting out thing. I finally had to put Rowan to bed because he was just sitting there shoveling dough into his mouth as fast as he could.=) Just like his Mamma. Man, I love that stuff!
Merry Christmas Eve!
Post a Comment