Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wow!

I didn't watch miss USA the other night, but I saw this yesterday and thought I'd share.
Sorry,
I don't know how to get the video on here
and I have to go get Kira,
but I have so much respect for this girl!
She's the one in the white and appears to be a strong believer and she was willing to risk winning to stand up for her beliefs,
awesome!
It's worth the watch, she got first runner up because she wasn't "politically" correct, rather "biblically" correct as she puts it at the end of this video!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/30344520#30322011

4 comments:

Dana Allard said...

that's very interesting. can you say discrimination?

Crystal said...

That was pretty GOOD!

I love the comment by the (openly gay)judge that she should have left her political beliefs at home that night and said something that would make all Americans feel good.

HA! How can she do that if she is being asked a political question?!

Heidi said...

The thing that I find interesting is that he is condemning her for not making *everyone* feel welcome but he was very clear that people who do not believe same s*x marriage is right are most definitely NOT welcome at all. You know, the classic pot calling the kettle black.

I heard all about this yesterday on KMBI while I was driving home from my eye appointment. Quite the stir this has caused.

alicia:love* said...

She was persecuted in this competition for her beliefs and I am glad she told the truth! Thats awesome:) Thanks for sharing.. I had no idea about this.