
Our daughter.
Needing surgery for the third time in just five years of life.
Not on her eyes this time,
on her tongue.
We really like her Dr. and feel good about his decision for her.
She was a bit upset yesterday,
not about having surgery, but about not having surgery right then.
It's a God thing.
She usually can't stand the thought of another eye surgery,
but this is different for her,
she sat there during the visit with her purse, a notepad, and pencil,
writing all her cousins names down.
The Dr. was very impressed,
but I think it made him all the more sad for her to put this tiny, quiet, sweet, thing through another surgery,
yet he reminded himself and I it's the best thing for her,
Him and I just sat there and watched her in silence making our final decision.
It's a simple procedure,
yet always a small risk.
Yet, we are certain God will keep her safe.




2 comments:
What are they going to do?
I didn't realize. I assumed it was another eye surgery.
I'll be praying.
I can't stand putting them under when they are so little! It makes it even harder (in my mind) when it's for a relatively minor issue.
Gwyneth was the same way;
When the first surgery didn't work she was in tears after each doctor's visit...mad as can be that she couldn't have surgery again and get her eye fixed!
We'll be praying for you, Kira!
Post a Comment