Monday, November 29, 2010

Our pumpkin~

Well this is the basket we gave to Lanny and Connie! My parents got one like it, though it lacked quit a few pumpkins in it compared to this one!

It was more fun telling the family then I thought it would be! We first stopped at my parents house and told them. They reacted exactly how I thought. My dad sat there with a blank look with his eyes big and he was very quite. My mom of coarse expressed her excitement and then suddenly wanted to know details!

Then we went to Lanny and Connie's. Terah was being helpful and taking stuff out of our hands as we got through the door, but I wouldn't let her have the basket of pumpkins! I then gave it to Connie and she read it and in 1.2 seconds looked with a big smile and said, "Really??!" Lanny then caught on and was smiling and asking if it was for real. At this point Terah was grabbing the tiny pumpkin with the tag as fast as she could thinking that's what we were talking about, yet no one was saying it aloud. She read it and got so excited. She then said, "this made my day" then said, "No, it made my year!"
Now at this point Lance and Lyle were trying to make sure it is all not a joke. They sat there smiling.
Then Ryan came in with his girls and Crystals mom. They walked right past the basket and sat in the living room. Connie then went over to tell Crystal's mom the news, suddenly Ryan caught a few of the words and was looking around the room really fast trying to figure out "who". It was then clear and we were again laughing.
A tiny while later Crystal, Matt and Heather all walked through the door. We couldn't wait to see how long it would take them to see the basket, read the note, and figure out who. Well it didn't take more then a minute and Crystal barely read it and looked right at Terah and said, " Oh, Congratulations!" Terah then said, "It's not me." And then pointed at me which I was sitting right next to her! Crystal's reaction was priceless! It was out of pure shock more then anything else. Heather then was standing there smiling and looking at Terah as we were all laughing at what just happened. Someone said something to make Heather realise it's not Terah, but me and she freaked as well! Also out of shock. Then we all had a great laugh.

I must say, I wasn't expecting it to be this much fun to tell people. We knew people would be suprised, but it's like everyone it truely happy for us at the same time. I would think Lanny and Connie would be not all that excited, but they seem just as excited with number 12 as they did with number 1.
My brother and sis in law I didn't get to witness thier reactions, but since it's been fun. My brother has already talked to this little one more then Chad or I have! I have a feeling that's not going to quit anytime soon!
My sister knew because she was with me when getting a test to make sure the first test was right. It was in the middle of walmart and I grabbed the test and threw it in the cart and she thought I was kidding around with her, once she realised it wasn't a joke, her knees about gave out as we were walking. She was so shocked and in disbelief, then suddenly she got really excited and then got teary eyed thinking about another Kira or Preston.

All this to say we are more then blessed by all the love and support by all our family and friends. This baby is already loved more then a lot of people receive in a lifetime.

Thank you everyone!
This will be a fun journey!

Our Pumpkin if all goes as planned will be born in June.

8 comments:

Dana Allard said...

Very creative!
Congratulations guys!

Terah said...

Yay!

Still so excited I can hardly stand it myself!

Love you guys so much!

Heidi said...

Wooo-hooo!

Very exciting! I keep wondering, "Who else?" It never seems to be just one! Maybe Crystal. ha ha

Either way, I'm excited.

Britani said...

So happy for you guys! Still mad you didn't wait for me though :( Oh well I guess being 2 years apart won't be bad, our kiddos can still be friends.... (does that math work?)
that and I guess I need to get Mike on board too :)

Heidi said...

Just remember Brit, Shelby and I are two years apart, never bothered us!

And Holly and I are four years apart. That never bothered us either.

Crystal said...

I am beyond excited!
Seems like there are several others that could join in besides me!

Heather said...

Names - names - names - can't wait to hear what you guys pick for pumpkin twelve... We are ecstatic and so anxiously waiting.

Staci said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy for you! :)