Thursday I've become to love.
It's our Friday.
Kira and Preston don't do school on Fridays, so Thursdays are a great feeling.
I'm thankful for Thursdays!
Now I know why Thanksgiving is on Thursdays, it was meant for me. ;)
It's been crazy around here lately!
Chad Dr appointment came and went and everything seems to be back to normal! Yay! He's been feeling great since his healing last month, hopefully it stays this way for a long while!
The kids started taking art lessons from Debbie Roberts on Thursdays. This is such a blessing for us. We wanted to get our kids in an activity and wasn't sure what, then she announced she would be teaching again! It's perfect for us cause it's right down the road and up the mountain! I've showed the kids some of daddy's past work and say he learned from Mrs. Roberts as well and they just stare in aww and get excited to someday be that good! ;)
The kids have also been going faithfully to Awana on Friday nights. This has also been a blessing for us. The kids pretty much live for Awana! I didn't expect them to like it that much, but they LOVE it! It's nice for mama, while they're at Awana I go grocery shopping or meet up with a friend at Starbucks. Then pick them up and the work begins! They get so excited to earn badges and such that they want to start learning verses as soon as we get home, they together learn about five- eight verses a week and love every moment of it!
Chad hasn't been working much lately. Usually just a day here and there. It gets old, but seeing God provide perfectly for our needs never gets old! He will have 40 hours for this month, so insurance won't be interrupted, lately we always seem to have just enough for our bills, which is totally fine, just a bummer when you know Christmas is around the corner and that requires more money. BUT, we already have our main gift for the kids! Chad sold our wii and we were able to get "the main gift" with that money!
Speaking of holidays. I love them more then hate them, but it's kinda a love hate thing for me the past couple of years. It's the best of times and the stressful times! It starts with thanksgiving and doesn't stop till the new year. Thanksgiving, mom's b-day, Preston's b-day, our wedding anniversary, peak season at ups meaning it doesn't matter how slow UPS was during the year, Chad will work every day of December and not get home till 10:00pm guaranteed each night! But really we kinda like it at the same time, I mean, so many days of not working, you get thankful whenever there is work, so no complains whatsoever from us this year!
Our nice 46 inch flat screen, yeah the one on our wall in the living room, broke. Yep, our nifty 27 inch tube TV that we've had for 10 years is back up here! Funny how things work huh? Luckily even though our warranty is up Chad was able to use his special powers and get them to replace it for free! I really don't know how he does it, but he has a way about him that I guess the person on the other end turns into goo and says whatever Chad want them to say?? Not sure, but works for me! Maybe he kills them with kindness??? Though he does it kindly, he also does it forcefully all at the same time and I don't think they even realise it! lol!
Kira and Preston are already accomplishing what I was wanting them to by the end of the school year! They are both working hard and doing a wonderful job. I'm a proud mama.
Preston, my baby boy is going to be five in a few weeks. Enough said.
Still been watching Trista Monday through Thursday. She is becoming a part of our family. She is family, but more then just a niece and cousin, she's feeling like she belongs more then that, but not like my own kid, but more then a niece, it's nice to really get to know her, though I'm starting to get pretty upset. If there is a male of any sort in the room, she'll go snuggle with him instead of me! I'm the one that changes her, feeds her, gets after her, reads books to her, does fishy kisses, and then as soon as Uncle Chad is around I'm chop liver. Grrrrrr ! Chad will try and bribe her to sit with me, it never works. : (
Well even though Thanksgiving is the kickoff to a crazy month, I'm really getting excited for it!!!
Okay I feel long winded and I think I'd better go now. ;)
tata.
expecting baby: week thirteen
10 years ago




2 comments:
I remember Awana!
We need to get our kids in Awana...
Happy Holidays! Let the craziness begin! I also share a love-hate feeling towards this time of year. :)
I'm so excited for this season! Your kids are getting so big!
Post a Comment