okay, it's my turn.
Today was not a good day.
Chads gout is back, only this time it's in his other big toe. It's just really disheartening to try to do everything right and still end up with it.
He's been taking two pills a day to keep it from coming.
Eating very little meat.
No wheat. (including brewers yeast on popcorn) :(
Tart cherry pills from the health food store.
Cherry juice and also dried cherries.
Gallons of water till his pee is as clear as can be.
Soaking is feet in epsom salt.
Hot rice pack on his toe while sleeping.
And still..... he gets it again!
So he went to a foot specialist today and she took an x-ray of both his feet and luckily his joints looked healthy, there's no damage to them. She gave him different medicine to try instead of the stuff he has been taking everyday, but she said it's pretty much the same thing. She thinks the same as most of us, that it's due to his medicine he takes for is m.s. So then there is this different problem. You might think, okay go off the ms meds and see if his gout gets better, well this is the only meds that seem to be helping his ms and once you go off it, you most the time can't get back on it without serious side effects or it just won't do anything for you.
I guess I'm writing just to vent more cause I'm just very saddened. I'm not really stressed, just upset that he's the one that always has to be ill. I ask God all the time to take his illness away from him and give it to me if He needs too, I really can't think of anything worse in life other then death, to see your husband suffer every single day, to never be that same person he once was, to never have any answers on how to fix the illness, to wonder how long he'll be able to work, to wonder if I'm the one that's going to be the main supporter, to wonder if they'll ever find a cure, to wonder what's next?
I really don't want to come across like I think our life is tough and no one else's is, cause I know that's not the case. I do know that we deal with stuff that most people I know hasn't had to deal with so they don't really know what to say or understand. I was having a "mad" day and I was driving home today and Kira was sitting in the backseat of the car and she started singing, " I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart, WHERE? down in my heart to stay. And I'm so happy, so very happy, I've got the love of Jesus in my heart." Wow! That song never hit me on the side of my head so hard! It's the exact song I needed today.
All this to say, I'm so thankful we have the joy of the Lord no matter what trials we are hit with, He is always the same Lord. A different trial, but you can always count on the same Lord to be there for you.
Please pray once again for Chads healing. Please pray that he can make it back to work sooner this time. Please pray for us that we won't get "mad" over our trials, but that we can be thankful for our blessings.
Thank you for listening and caring.
expecting baby: week thirteen
10 years ago




8 comments:
I'm sorry Shelby. I hope things get better.
I think about you guys a lot, and pray God gives you strength.
Bummer...
We will continue to pray for you guys. And I am glad you feel you can come here to let off a bit of steam.
Hugs to you all!
Praying also.
Heather
Ugh!
That is my sympathy sound. It's the noise I make when words just aren't enough.
Stupid gout.
I wish I had just the right thing to say, but I know I don't.
Love you guys.
I just read a verse last night, that all of us have heard a hundred times...just a firm reminder that God is in control.
"trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding"
we don't have to know the why's - just that God is going to take care of us. easy for me to say, i don't have the problems and the family, but it is an assurance from God, and we can have that...
I'll keep prayin for you guys!
Love you guys!
I know we can only imagine and we don't always know what to say or do, but it doesn't mean we don't care. Remember, we're here if you need us!
thank you everyone for all your love, prayer, and support!
Shelby
i am praying for you all :)
Post a Comment