Sunday, February 8, 2009

Baby Blessings

It had been 27 hours since her water broke and the baby was seeming very stressed. The doctors had all the paperwork ready to go for a c-section. Olivia really, just didn't want one, so instead the nurses and doctor were there non stop watching the baby heart rate drop real low durning each contraction, then go back to a normal rate after the contraction would ease. They at this point are worried about infection.

It was around 12:30am and they decided to see if any more progress, she went from a 7 to a 9! So the nurses, doctors, yes, I mean doctors were getting everything ready for pushing. My parents, sister, Wendy(olivia's mom), sister (Tracy), and I were all watching from the hall and we were all so stressed out! My thoughts were, "why risk the baby's life, why have it be a close one??" My parents were right along the same thought pattern as I.

Now the pushing and screaming is taking place, we're worried cause the baby doctor had gotten there and got all in his scrubs and aprons and went right in. The anaesthesiologist was going in and out as well. Then he'd stand right by her door, then he'd go inside, then come back out. At this point me and my mom are really worried.

It is now around 1:15am and the anaesthesiologist turns and looks at us and walks toward us with his thumbs up in the air. He says," thank you Jesus, it was a close one, she pushed right in time and now we have a healthy baby!" And he walked down the hall joyfully and left.

Yep.

A healthy baby girl. 6 pounds 6 ounces 20inches long. Anyways, praise be to God for allowing everything to end up good, I must admit, I was scared. another confession, she's so cute and tiny, it brought back memories of my tiny babies *sigh*

Everyone at this time is very tired, but healthy. Us die hards were there for over 24 hours! Can't say I'll ever do that again!

Thank you everyone for all your many prayers through all of that!




Here she is...




Trista Taylor Hatcher



I just love her profile and lashes!

8 comments:

Megan said...

Praise God! The aesthesiologist's comment brings tears to my eyes. It's always so awesome when your doctors are on the "same team". :) I'm so glad that she's here safe and sound! What a blessing!

Terah said...

Yay!

And I'm so glad she was able to do it without a c-section!

I love her profile too! She sure looks like your brother in these!

Heidi said...

She's b-e-a-utiful!=)

Hopefully I will get to go in and see her tonight.

I prayed and prayed and thank the Lord for His loving care.

Congrats to the whole family!

Karina said...

Wonderful news! She's beautiful!

Craig and Heather said...

God is so merciful!

She's precious!

And I agree with Terah. She definitely looks like she's her daddy's girl in the profile picture :)


Congratulations to the happy family--and all of you who stuck it out with them!

Heather

Crystal said...

I am glad it all ended well and everyone is healthy.

Terah said...

Just got back from seeing her in person...I am reminded again of how nerve wracking such a sweet, tiny little thing can be.

She is so beautiful! She just gazed at me with those huge eyes the whole time I held her.

Staci said...

So glad to hear baby and mama are safe and healthy! A beautiful baby....brings tears to my eyes...I can't say I want another one....but oh what I wouldn't do to go back in time for a while and enjoy my babies all over again!